THIS COURSE IS FOR SENIOR PHASE PUPILS WHO ARE STILL AT SCHOOL
TQUK Level 1 Certificate in Design Engineer Construct (DEC): The Digital Built Environment.
This is an accredited programme supported by industry leaders & professional bodies which has been developed to inspire and create the next generation of Built Environment Professionals and provides an excellent foundation for learners to progression to DEC Level 2.
DEC offers a new and innovative project-based approach to learning that applies pure academic subject to the latest construction and industry practices. Learners will develop knowledge and skills by undertaking a sustainable building project and, through workshops, have guaranteed face to face engagement with industry professionals.
As a fundamental part of the curriculum programme, students undertake workshops led by industry professionals. Learners design a small, community-focused ‘Eco Classroom’ - a highly sustainable and inclusive building that offers flexible use for diverse groups - with a brief to teach local communities about everyday environmentally-friendly living.
DEC offers all learners embedded opportunities to develop the essential skills to embark on a successful professional or technical career.
There are many opportunities for cross-curricular learning including explicit opportunities for Maths, English and Science as well as for other aspects of the wider curriculum such as Citizenship and PSE.
- Roles in the construction project team
- Producing a technical design and sharing information
- Planning permission, costing and presenting a sustainable building project
- Defining a sustainable construction project
- There may be a requirement for site visits
Applicants must be studying 2 national 4s from English, Maths, Science & Graphic Communications
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
The qualification is assessed by a combination of:
- An internally assessed and externally moderated portfolio (50%)
- An externally set and externally marked examination (50%)
The externally set and marked exams will take place on a date published in
advance by TQUK.
Progression And Articulation Routes
Successful completion of this qualification provides an opportunity to progress on to DEC Level 2 or NC Built Environment at college or to access further studies or employment in the Digital Built Environment.
This course provides access to a wide range of career pathways including:
• Civil, Structural and Building Services Engineering
• Construction Project Management.
• Architecture and Architectural Technology
• Geospatial and Property Surveying
• Quantity Surveying and Cost Management
- Two afternoons per week in line with Schools College Partnership (SCP) programme