To book a place please contact Sarah Cuthbert 01312979000
The new IET 18th Edition of the Wiring Regulations (released 2nd July 2018) is the industry standard for anyone working with electrical installations in the UK. The IET has stated that from Jan 2019 all work carried out must comply with the new regulations.
This qualification ensures that you are up-to-date with the latest industry regulation on wiring and the safe use and operation of electrical equipment and systems. It covers the 18th edition of the IET Wiring Regulations, which came into force in June 2008. These regulations are recognised by the British Standards Institute as a British Standard (BS7671).
If you`re a practising electrician, you must comply with the regulations for electrical work, this qualification is designed to provide those seeking progression in their career with the opportunity to develop the skills necessary to carry out job roles and responsibilities associated with the Electrotechnical industry.
- Scope, Object and Fundamentals
- Assessment of general characteristics
- Protection for Safety
- Selection and Erection of equipment
- Inspection & Testing
- Special Installations or locations
- Plus changes outlined in the new edition such as Protection against overvoltages, Electrical Embedded heating, Protection against fire and Energy Efficiency
- Candidates must have completed the 17th Edition Electrical Installation course to give you the basic understanding required
- If you are currently working in electrical testing a Certificate in Initial and Fundamental Inspection and Testing 2394 can help you update your skills to keep up with best practice
- Must be employed in industry and have knowledge of electrical science
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- 2-hour multiple-choice open book exam
Progression And Articulation Routes
Download our progression route map here
- On completion you can move onto other
electrical courses to widen your knowledge in other areas
- Progression within the electrical trade
Course Cost And Funding Options