Heating and Ventilation: Industrial and Commercial Installation is the industrial requirement to operate at Craft Level within the heating and ventilation industry. This course is designed by experienced industry professionals and the lead industry body of the Heating and Ventilating Contractors Association. This a block release course lasting four years with four 3-week blocks per year.
Completion of this course will ensure that you have up-to-date skills that employers are seeking. This course is for those already employed in the industry and involved in a workplace assessment supported by in-college training.
The course is taught by teachers with industry experience using the latest industry technologies. You will be taught between Edinburgh College classrooms and workshops where you will gain essential and hands-on experience of the heating and ventilation sector. This course is intended to meet the needs of employers and further education.
- Heating and Ventilating Installation
- Heating and Ventilating Planning
- Systems Installation
- Systems Commissioning
- Safe Working
- Effective Working Relationships
- Steel Pipelines
- Technology and Practice
- Site Procedures
- You must be employed in the industry
- Entry requirements will be set by your employer
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- You will be assessed on each unit
- All units within the course must be achieved in order to gain the full award
Progression And Articulation Routes
Download our progression route map here
- This course can lead to a promotion or employment in HNC Building Services which is offered at Edinburgh College a supervisor or management position
- This course can lead to a promotion or employment in a supervisor or management position
- Block release - four 3-weeks blocks per year (over four years)
Course Cost And Funding Options
Fee: £1489 Midlothian block-release (year 4)Fee: £1489 Midlothian block-release (year 3)Fee: £1289 Midlothian block-release (year 2)
20-year-old Lindsay Stevenson moved to Edinburgh to start her Oil and Gas Technical Programme (OGTAP) managed by OPITO in partnership with Edinburgh College. We caught up with her to find out how her apprenticeship was going so far:
‘I chose an apprenticeship for on-the-job training and the opportunity to earn and learn. I’ve formed lots of friendships with my new classmates and in terms of the course itself the practical nature is the best thing.
I hope to work offshore and progress within the oil and gas industry. And, to travel lots when I’m off!’
Read more of our student stories here.
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...