THIS COURSE IS FOR S5 & S6 PUPILS WHO ARE STILL AT SCHOOL
This course aims to continue the progressive development of your knowledge and competence of the German language by extending the range and complexity of the language encountered.
Higher Modern Languages courses enable learners to read, listen, talk and write in a modern language. Learners also develop language skills of translation.
- consolidate and develop the skills of reading, listening, writing speaking
- translation within the four contexts, covering topics such as family and friends, lifestyles, learning in context, jobs, and other cultural aspects of the language
- Applicants should have grade B in National 5 German.
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- Written assessments
- Oral assessments
- Externally marked SQA exam in May
Progression And Articulation Routes
- Various university Modern Language degrees.
- 2 afternoons per week: Tuesday & Thursday 1:30pm - 4.00pm