The Higher Spanish course enables learners with previous knowledge of the language to understand and use Spanish at a level which will enable them to apply knowledge and understanding on regularly encountered topics within the contexts of society, culture, learning and employability.
During the course, learners will consolidate and develop the skills of reading, listening, writing, speaking and translation. Grammar aspects will be studied within topical contexts and classroom interaction in the language will be an important aspect of the course.
This course is available as a part-time, class-based course or online, as a distance learning course. Course Fees: £268 (approx.). Fees will be confirmed when an application has been processed.
- consolidate and develop the skills of reading, listening, writing speaking
- translation within the four contexts, covering topics such as family and friends, lifestyles, learning in context, jobs, and other cultural aspects of the language
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- An interview may be necessary if candidate has achieved a qualification equivalent to SCQF level 5
Progression And Articulation Routes
- Spanish Advanced Higher
- Other SQA qualifications in Spanish or related areas
- Further study, employment and/or training.
The part-time, class-based course runs either once or twice a week (depending on demand) on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1:30 pm to 4 pm.
The online, distance learning course is delivered through the College’s virtual campus Moodle and offers regular contact with the course tutor, either at College, via Skype or over the phone
Course Cost And Funding Options