If you are interested in getting started in a career in IT, Software Development, Cyber Security or Computer Networking, then this course is a great place to start.
Computing and Technology is one of the biggest growth areas in the job market today and particularly in the area of Edinburgh and the Lothians. Computing and IT careers offer some of the most flexibility around working from home around family as well as global opportunities for employment.
Join our friendly lecturers online though video conferencing lessons and let us support you on your path to career development and inspire you to join one of the most exciting and subject diverse sectors to work in.
The course is accredited by CISCO, the largest global tech infrastructure company, which to businesses in the sector is a household name for quality graduates.
- Python programming
- CISCO Cyber essentials
- Basics of Excel and other office apps
- Computer Architecture
- Basics of Computer Networking
- This course is accessible for beginners. If you are a school leaver then you should have 4 National 4's of which one should be in Maths.
- For other applicants we assess applications on your qualifications/work experience and personal statement. If necessary we ask applicants to sit an online screening activity to see your current knowledge.
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- The course is assessed through practical activities which you hand in online to be marked. There may also be some multiple choice tests or short answer questions.
- Please be aware you will need access to a webcam to be assessed on this course.
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- We may ask you to attend an online screening activity.
Progression And Articulation Routes
We advise progression on individual goals, based on this course and other current qualifications and experience. As a guide, if you have no other qualifications apart from this one, then we we would recommend progression to:
Download our progression route map here
- NPA Digital Passport and computing
- NPA Cyber Security and Networking
- NPA Software Development and Web/Digital Design
- Approximately, 2.5 days per week. One day is from 9am to 4:30pm.
Course Cost And Funding Options