Cyber Security, Networking and Forensics is a National Progression Award (NPA) designed to introduce you to the core concepts, knowledge and skills required for entering the industry. Computer networking with security and forensics is one of the fastest developing branches of the new technologies industries.?There is a huge demand in the industry for network professionals with salaries starting between £30,000-£50,000+.
During this course you will learn about a wide variety of essential subject areas including;?Computer Networking, Computer System Architecture, Ethical Hacking, Digital Forensics, Data Security and Linux. The course uses CISCO Network essentials and an additional certificate in this can be gained alongside your main studies. This course will ensure you are well-prepared for entry-level opportunities in technical support or further specialist study of networking and cyber security at HNC/D level.
- CISCO Network Essentials? ?
- PC Passport: Working with IT Software: Spreadsheet and Database? ?
- Communication? ??
- Introduction to Linux? ?
- Computing: Plan and Build a Computer Network?
- Computer Systems Architecture? ??
- Computing Project? ?
- Introduction to Python? ?
- Computing: Network Management and Security?
- Data Security?
- Ethical Hacking? ?
- Digital Forensics?
- For school leavers: Six National 5’s at C passes or equivalent, one of which must be in Mathematics
- For everyone else: All enquiries are welcome regardless of qualifications. Edinburgh College computing staff can assess where you can start or progress in your computing career and find the right course for you
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- The course is mainly assessed on your practical skills
- There will be some written assignments and multiple-choice tests
- The Graded Unit for year one is an exam and for year two is a project
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- At the?interview, you will be asked to take part in a Skills and Experience screening exercise this will be on a computer
- Please bring along any qualification certificates
- Further course information will be provided by a lecturer on the course as well as an opportunity for you to ask questions
Progression And Articulation Routes
- HND Computing: Software Development
- HNC Computing
- HND Computer Networking?taught at Edinburgh College
- HND Computer Science taught at Edinburgh College
- HNC Cyber Security taught at Edinburgh College
Download our progression route map here
- Employment at entry-level in desktop technical support
- 2.5 days per week (approximately)
Course Cost And Funding Options