This is a hands-on and practical course that will enhance your employability skills. Edinburgh College has strong industry connections with Edinburgh based digital companies. These companies can provide expert advice, guidance and placement opportunities. This course offers you an up-to-date award that reflects recent developments within the Web Design and Development sector. Each subject area you cover is tailored towards jobs available in the industry to make sure you get the best education to progress towards a successful career. You will develop a mastery of the latest software packages such as Adobe as well as learning about dynamic website development using MYSQL, Mobile Technologies and Search Engine Optimisation (SEO). This course will ensure you are well prepared for employment, self-employment or university studies in web development and digital media.
- Web Video?
- Adobe Graphics Software?
- Dynamic Website Development?
- Web App Development?
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Content Management System (CMS)
- UI/UX Design
- There may be opportunities for placements during the College part of the course. These will be encouraged by your College lecturers but are not mandatory.
- For school leavers: Three Highers at C pass one must be in English or Communications
- For college learners: SCQF Level 6 course in a relevant subject such as Digital Media?or Computing
- For everyone else: All enquiries are welcome regardless of qualifications. Edinburgh College computing staff can assess where you can start or progress in your computing career and find the right course for you
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- You will be assessed on your practical skills
- There will be some multiple-choice tests
- There will be one exam
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- At interview you may be asked to attend a screening exercise to assess your skills and there will be course information provided by a lecturer from the course
Progression And Articulation Routes
- After first year you can progress to second Year HND Web Development
- After the second year you can progress to third Year BSc Web Development at Edinburgh Napier University
- Progression to the second or third year of various university degree courses, for example, Year three of BSc in Web Development?Edinburgh Napier University??
- Self-employment as a web designer/developer
Download our progression route map here
Course Cost And Funding Options