Certificate in Teaching English to
Adults (CELTA) is an initial teacher training course and an
internationally recognised form of entry into the English Language teaching
profession. The Cambridge CELTA is designed to give you the knowledge and
skills to teach ESOL effectively in a variety of contexts.
The part-time course runs from the middle of January 2020
through to June 2020 on Tuesday and Thursday evening 5.30-8.30pm.
The full-time course runs for 4 weeks from 15th June 2020 to
10th July 2020. Applications for the full-time course will open March 2020.
- You will study theory and methodology and learn how to
analyse language through tasks and discussions
- You will observe experienced ESOL practitioners and
undertake six hours of teaching practice with ESOL groups
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- There will be four written assignments
throughout the year
- You must complete six hours of assessed teaching practice
which will take place at Edinburgh College
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- Please note that places on CELTA courses are limited and early application is advised
- Selection interviews take place throughout the year while places are available
- These group interview sessions will consist of discussion tasks a short mini-lesson and an individual interview
- English teaching opportunities in the UK and abroad.
- Full time - five days a week
- Part time - two evenings a week
Course Cost And Funding Options
Information about funding can be found here
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...