This course is designed to prepare you for the Cambridge
Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) test. The course covers the reading,
writing, listening and speaking skills you will need for the test as well
as relevant vocabulary and grammar. You will receive a College certificate and
will either continue with studies for Cambridge Advanced or be ready to enter
for the Cambridge exam upon completion of the course. This course includes
taught classes, directed self-study and personal tutorial time.
The Cambridge Advanced Exam is held in December and June at Edinburgh College.
Please note that there will be no classes on the two days of the examination.
The cost of the exam (approximately £105) is not included in the course fee.
You will be expected to buy the course materials as specified by your tutor
Cambridge Advanced Certificate Preparation Evening course
Cambridge Advanced Certificate Preparation Part-Time course
- Developing reading, writing, listening and speaking skills for the Cambridge Advanced Certificate
- Advanced grammar and vocabulary appropriate for CAE Exam preparation for Cambridge Advanced Certificate in English
- Please note that the course does not cover the set book option
- Aged 16 years or over
- Pass at FCE B or equivalent
English Proficiency Requirements
- IELTS 5.5/FCE B or National 5 ESOL
How the course is assessed
- This course is Internally assessed with the option to take the external Cambridge exam
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- You will be invited for a test and interview where your language level and suitability for the course will be checked
Progression And Articulation Routes
- Gain your Cambridge Advanced Certificate
- Progress to university/further study
- Progress to mainstream Edinburgh College courses or employment
Course Cost And Funding Options
Information about funding can be found here
Jesus joined Edinburgh College to study an English for
Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) course to improve his English language
standard. He later progressed within the College to study Tourism with English
and is now in his final year of our Travel & Tourism HND course. We caught
up with him to ask about his experience at Edinburgh College.
“I really enjoy what I am doing! I never had a set plan when
I moved from Spain and when I came to Edinburgh College I knew no
English, but I knew I wanted a career in tourism.”
Read more of our student stories here.