This course is designed to prepare you for the Cambridge First Certificate in English test. The course covers the reading, writing, listening and speaking skills you will need for the test as well as relevant vocabulary and grammar.
The majority of our courses will be delivered online only for the beginning of 2021. A limited number of courses will have classes on campus. You will be contacted by your lecturer if your course will include any face-to-face classes on campus.
- Developing reading, writing, listening and speaking skills for the Cambridge First Certificate
- Upper-intermediate grammar and vocabulary appropriate for FCE Exam preparation for Cambridge First Certificate in English
- Please note that the course does not cover the set book option
- Aged 16 years or over
- Meet the minimum language requirements of IELTS 4.5 or SQA ESOL Intermediate 1/National 4
- Your level of English will also be assessed in an interview at the College
English Proficiency Requirements
- IELTS 4.5 or SQA ESOL Intermediate 1/National 4.
How the course is assessed
- The course is internally assessed. It is possible to take the external Cambridge First Certificate exam at the end of the course
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- You will be invited for a test and interview where your language level and suitability for the course will be checked
Progression And Articulation Routes
- Gain your Cambridge First Certificate then progress to the Cambridge Advanced qualification
- Further study or employment
- Move to mainstream college courses
- 3 days for Full time, 17 hours
- 2 days for Part-time, 10 hours
- 2 evenings for Evening, 4 hours
Course Cost And Funding Options
Fee: £308 Sighthill part-time (year 1)
Information about funding can be found here
This course will start on…
This course will end on...