The demand for strong business minded graduates is high and, through digital and social changes, the industry is ever evolving. We aim to give you the skills you will need to thrive in your chosen career. Business HNC will give you the opportunity to study a variety of essential business-related subject areas including management, accounting, economics, marketing and law. You will gain up-to-date knowledge of the industry and, upon completion, be fully prepared to study our Business HND or progress on to a university level of study.
This is a fast track course which will run from January till the end of June.
The majority of our courses will be delivered online only for the beginning of 2021. A limited number of courses will have classes on campus. You will be contacted by your lecturer if your course will include any face-to-face classes on campus.
- Information Technology: Applications Software 1
- Marketing: An Introduction
- Economic Issues: An Introduction
- Business Accounting
- Managing People and Organisations
- IT in Business: Spreadsheets
- Business: Graded Unit 1
- Personal Enterprise Skills
All applicants must have achieved:
- Two relevant highers
- National 5 Mathematics or equivalent (Credit standard Grade or Intermediate 2, National 5 Numeracy)
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- You will be continually assessed throughout this course.
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- You will be invited to attend an interview to assess if this is the correct course for you
Progression And Articulation Routes
You can progress onto the following courses at Edinburgh College:
- Business HND taught at Edinburgh College
You can progress on to other courses such as:
- Business Studies at a university level
- Four to five days per week
Course Cost And Funding Options
Scott came to College to change his career following an injury which prevented him from working in his previous role. Following three years of study, he graduated and was awarded the Chair’s Award for Academic Excellence in Tourism, Hospitality and Business, and has already started working as a HR Administrator for NHS Education. Scott says:
“Returning to education with three children and a mortgage seemed crazy yet, it was the best option I had. The best thing about studying at Edinburgh College was the culture and the people. The course and the teaching were centred on the students which made learning effective and enjoyable. It created a cohesive team-like environment in which I made many friends.”
Read more of our student stories here.
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...