The demand for strong business-minded graduates is high and, through digital and social changes, the industry is growing. We aim to give you the skills you will need to thrive in your chosen career. Business HND will give you an advanced understanding of the business world and you will learn valuable administrative skills which are required in the industry. This course was uniquely designed with employers and universities in mind and will ensure you are qualified to progress onto further study or into a rewarding career.
You will study a wide range of core business subjects such as; accounting, economics, managing people, IT, business law, the financial sector, human resource management and international marketing.
- Financial Sector
- European Union Institutions
- International Marketing
- Business Culture and Strategy
- Year one (HNC): Minimum of two Highers in relevant subject areas and National 5 Mathematics or equivalent
- Year two (HND): Completion of HND Business year one with 15 credits (external applicants must have followed a programme similar to Edinburgh College students) and minimum of two Highers in relevant subject area
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- You will be continually assessed throughout this course.
Progression And Articulation Routes
- Employment as an administrative assistant or progression into junior management
- Direct entry onto year two or three of various university degree programmes in Business Management
Course Cost And Funding Options
Scott came to College to change his career following an injury which prevented him from working in his previous role. Following three years of study, he graduated and was awarded the Chair’s Award for Academic Excellence in Tourism, Hospitality and Business, and has already started working as a HR Administrator for NHS Education. Scott says:
“Returning to education with three children and a mortgage seemed crazy yet, it was the best option I had. The best thing about studying at Edinburgh College was the culture and the people. The course and the teaching were centred on the students which made learning effective and enjoyable. It created a cohesive team-like environment in which I made many friends.”
Read more of our student stories here.