This course is designed to support achievement of the NPA Data Science. The course content covers the requirements for all three outcomes of Data Science and Data Citizenship.
This course is free to study as it is fully funded by The Data Driven Innovation (DDI) Skills Gateway. A project which forms part of the Edinburgh and South East City Deal.
Delivery of this course will be through interactive, lecturer led sessions on Microsoft Teams and resources on our Moodle page.
This short course is ideal for people seeking employment and looking to add Data Science to their current job profile skill set. It has been designed for those looking to begin a career in Data Science or to compliment those with transferrable experience from other industries.
Successful completion of this course will enable participants to achieve Core Skills ICT and Communication at Level 4.
Successful completion of the course could allow the learner to achieve NPA Data Science at SCQF Level 4 together with level 4 administration.
The majority of our courses will be delivered online only for the beginning of 2021. A limited number of courses will have classes on campus. You will be contacted by your lecturer if your course will include any face-to-face classes on campus.
- Data Science Level 4
- Data Citizenship Level 4
- Administrative Activities
- Preparing Business Documents
This course is open for all to apply, no previous experience with data science or administration is required. Although we recommend that applicants have achieved the minimum qualifications listed below.
It is recommended applicants have:
- Achieved two National 3 qualifications* preferably in a subject using numeracy and communication skills, or
- Some computational and numerical skills either through qualification or experience
We will assess candidates on an individual basis and may ask you to undertake a screening activity to further assess your entry for this course.
*National 3 is an equivalent qualification to Standard Grade Foundation level.
English Proficiency Requirements
IELTS 5.5 or above
How the course is assessed
Progression And Articulation Routes
You can progress onto further Edinburgh College courses:
- Data Science with Business NPA Level 5
- SCQF Level 5 courses within the Enterprise and Commerce subject area
- SCQF Level 5 courses within the Computing subject area
- For those starting their career, this is a gateway qualification to study at a higher level at college
- For those with previous work experience, this qualification provides a great addition to your CV
- This course will run from January 20th 2021 - April 2nd 2021, for three days per week.
This course will start on…
This course will end on...