HNC Healthcare Practice is an innovative course designed
to equip you with essential clinical knowledge and understanding. This course
will prepare you for an undergraduate degree in Nursing, Health and other
related degrees including Occupational Therapy. This course will improve both
your academic, professional and employability skills and is a step towards a
rewarding career in the care and administration industries.
You will complete a mandatory placement as part of
your course within the Care Home Sector where you will be expected to complete
a minimum of 288 hours over the time of your course. This will be done through
some block weeks and two days a week during most of your course.
- 2 Highers (including English). We will consider the following Highers Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Human Biology, Geography and Physical Education
- As well as a minimum of Int 2 Biology/ N5 Biology or equivalent 5 Standard Grades at credit level including Maths or N5 equivalent
- Mature students without the formal qualifications would require demonstrating the ability to study at HNC level
- Your application may be considered if you have successfully completed a relevant NC at Level 6 which includes Biology
- You will also be required to complete a detailed personal statement that demonstrates the following
- skills and qualities
- any relevant experience
- field of health you want to progress into
- your reasons for applying
- As you have a work placement on your course you will be required to provide information on your health status and have a satisfactory PVG.
English Proficiency Requirements
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- You will be asked to attend a group information session
where you will also complete a written task
Progression And Articulation Routes
- By completing this HNC you are obtaining a recognised
qualification which will enable you to apply for degree studies at university
in a variety of health disciplines including Nursing
- Seek employment within a health
or social care-related service
- This course is a fulltime commitment. You will be in college 3 days per week and have 2 days per week placement.
Course Cost And Funding Options