THIS COURSE IS FOR S5 & S6 PUPILS WHO ARE STILL AT SCHOOL
This course is for learners who want an exciting opportunity to learn about health and social care or want to start their journey to becoming a health professional in a college environment. The course will prepare learners for work in Health or Social Care or progression on to a relevant Higher level course at college.
If you require more information please contact Michelle.Caie@edinburghcollege.ac.uk
- Care National 5
- Values and Principles
- Human development and Behaviour
- Social Influences
- Preparation for work in Health and Social Care
- No placement, however, employers will be involved in the delivery of your course
Four National 4’s (including English) and a genuine interest in working in/studying health and social care. Learners who want to progress onto health courses at SCQF Level 6 must have National 4 Biology.
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- The course is assessed by SQA national assessments projects and an external exam
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
Applicants will be required to attend course induction sessions and participate in a selection process. You will be notified in advance of the details.
Progression And Articulation Routes
SFW Health & Social Care (Higher), Foundation Apprenticeship Social Services & Healthcare, Modern Apprenticeships in Health or Social Care, Route to Health Professions level 6/other full time college courses or employment.
- Support work roles in health or social care
- 2 afternoons per week: Tuesday & Thursday 1:30pm - 4.00pm