This course is being offered through the Performing Arts Studio Scotland (PASS) at Edinburgh College.
This course gives young people the opportunity to study at college and gain a unique qualification and a range of experience in Acting and Performance.
The aim of this course is to provide an opportunity to students who lack experience who might have applied for a Level 6 course but need more development time.
The award is also designed to meet the needs of learners who wish to develop a foundation for progression to further study and to provide skills and knowledge appropriate to the theatre industry.
The majority of our courses will be delivered online only for the beginning of 2021. A limited number of courses will have classes on campus. You will be contacted by your lecturer if your course will include any face-to-face classes on campus.
- Community Drama Activities
- Movement and dance
- Guidance and Tutorial
- Digital Skills
- Acting and Performance Skills
- Creative Process
- Creative Project
- Ideally, you will be studying towards/achieved National 5 or Higher English and you will require a pass (grade C or above) at National 5 English
- An interest in the performing arts
- Selection is competitive and based on your interview and application form (not just on your academic qualifications)
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
You will be assessed through practical demonstration and some written assignments.
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- If you have successfully passed the Level 5 Foundation course in Acting and Performance, this will gain you entry into this course.
- Otherwise you will be required to attend a selection process interview and audition.
- Information will be sent to you if you successfully pass the application process.
Progression And Articulation Routes
Download our progression route map here
- A wide variety of film or performing arts related HN qualifications at Edinburgh College
- You can progress on to a film and media or drama related course
Two days per week (9.00-5.00) but availability to see PASS shows and take place in in guest workshops that might take place out with these times.
Course Cost And Funding Options
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...