This course enables winter leavers who are interested in
Musical Theatre to gain the knowledge and skills they might need to progress.
You will be required to go through a selection process. NPA Musical Theatre is
designed to introduce you to the knowledge, understanding and skills required
for progression to further qualifications in order to pursue further study at a
higher level in the performing arts industry.
The majority of our courses will be delivered online only for the beginning of 2021. A limited number of courses will have classes on campus. You will be contacted by your lecturer if your course will include any face-to-face classes on campus.
You will develop a range of skills associated with the discipline of Musical Theatre practice:
- Develop a Range of Skills
in Voice, Movement and Acting
- Develop Specific Skills for Presentation
- Apply Combined Practical Skills
in Audition Format
- Develop Self-Presentation Skills
- Work in Rehearsal and Performance Creatively
- Develop Self-Evaluation Skills, Enabling Professional Development
- Develop the Ability to Work Independently and
- A good personal statement that provides information about
your interest in this area and your commitment
- SCQF Level 5 in the performing arts categories of Drama
- SCQF Level 6 (Higher Drama, Music or Dance) and
who wish to extend their practical skills and knowledge of musical theatre
- NPA in Creative Industries
- Information on tests/auditions/interview
- You will be required to attend an information session that
may include some practical elements
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- Through practical demonstration and theoretical assignments
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- You will be required to attend an information session that may include some practical elements.
Progression And Articulation Routes
- NC Dance
- NC Acting
- in some cases HNC Musical Theatre
All of the above are through audition.Download our progression route map here
- Working in the theatre using singing, dancing and acting
- Work as a cast member on a cruise ship
- Job as entertainment at a holiday camp
- Pantomimes and many other performing arts jobs
Course Cost And Funding Options
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...