This National Progression Award (NPA) covers areas such as selling the travel and tourism product, travel products and services and leisure and business tourist destinations.
It will allow learners to develop a working knowledge of popular travel routes and develop skills in creating tourist itineraries and programmes and to develop an understanding of the nature of travel and tourism products and services.
- Enhancing Skills for Employment in Travel and Tourism
- Travel Agency Skills
- Travel Products and Services
- Leisure and Business Tourist Destinations
- Selling the Travel and Tourism Product
Candidates must have achieved four National 5 qualifications at Grade C or above and will be studying level 6 qualifications at school.
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- Role-plays and practical and knowledge assessments
Progression And Articulation Routes
Onto HNC/HND Travel and Tourism courses or employment in the tourism sector.
This qualification will count as equivalent to an SQA Higher for the purpose of progression onto our HN Travel and Tourism courses.
- Travel agent - business or leisure
- Holiday representative
- Two afternoons per week (Tuesday and Thursday)